Hard landscaping CAD design
Stannard Construction is able to offer a CAD design service for all of your paving and hard landscaping plans.
We will initially visit you to discuss your needs and carry out a site survey. We are happy to advise you on material suitability and design ideas and are happy to have as much or as little input as you would like us to.
Some clients have a clear idea of what they would like and others are happy to let us do what we do best and put it in our hands.
We will then return usually within 7 days with a set of CAD drawings and a quotation for the works involved. At this stage, we can discuss amendments if any and we will often bring material samples to accompany our plans.
This type of drawing is ideal if you only require a design for your hard landscaping requirements and also is a valuable document to accompany the installation contract as it gives clarity on measurements and specifications for the works that we will carry out for you ensuring that you get exactly what you want.
Full garden design service
Most people have some idea of what they want in their garden and a vision of how they would like to use their garden. What is also true is that most people only have limited knowledge of hard landscaping materials and plants; what is available and what is suitable.
If you want the best and most cost-effective design for your garden, this could be tricky without all of the necessary skills and information on hand. In this circumstance, we recommend that you consider our full garden design service.
This service is for clients that require a fully qualified and experienced garden designer that can produce numerous conceptual drawing that include all of your soft landscaping and planting requirements as well as the hard landscaping. As Stannard Construction has chosen to specialise in the many disciplines of hard landscaping, we will introduce you to a freelance designer that can work for you directly or on our behalf and can offer you the expertise and time commitment that this process requires. We have worked closely with the designer for many years and have built up a superb business relationship and understanding on how we can both bring something to the table to ensure that you get the very best result.
The design process
- Client meeting to create a client brief of the requirements for the job. A Stannard Construction representative can attend this meeting if required
- Survey the garden/driveway, taking all key measurements, including levels, aspect and soil type.
- Produce concept drawings (the ideas part, typically 2 different schemes).
- Client meeting to work through concept drawings together to reach a final concept.
- Produce fully detailed master plan drawing of final concept along with supporting detail drawings, specifications and planting schemes.
- Produce PDF versions of drawings for client approval/modifications.
- Print large scale Master plan drawings with all supporting documentation, once any final modifications are made and deliver to the client.
- Stannard Construction will submit a quotation and specification to carry out the transformation
Due to the use of CAD (Computer-Aided Design) it is very straight forward to make amendments to drawings and we actively encourage our clients to do so.
This forms part of our overall philosophy to achieve 100% customer satisfaction by meeting all criteria set out by our clients, even when these criteria change during the design process as they often do.